
Michael and Madelyn got to meet Albert and Alberta for the first time. Michael walked right up to Albert and gave him his lolly pop that he hadn't opened yet. Albert tried giving it back but Michael didn't want it so I told Albert just to keep it. Mama had cute pictures on her camera, but these will have to do.
Saturday night we had our mother's over for dinner and I brought out my China for the first time. I kept telling myself I would use it for special occasions, but couldn't justify a "special occasion" so I finally said our mother's are special and so I brought them out. Matt grilled King fish and steak and we had squash & Zucchini, green beans, cheese grits, cheesy garlic biscuits and yellow cake with chocolate icing for dessert. It was very good and our mother's loved it.
Mother's Day morning Michael came in the room with a card and a Helzberg Diamond box. It was a sweet pendant of a mother and child. Matt walked in holding Madelyn and she was holding another Helzberg Diamond box. When I opened that it had the matching pendant except it was a ring. So SWEET!!
After church we went to Mama and Daddy's house and had lunch. My brother's Davy and Luke came over and Nana, Daddy's mama. Daddy asked Luke to say the blessing and when he got to the end he thanked the Lord for his Fiancee!!! That was Luke's way of telling us he's getting MARRIED!! We are so excited and they've already set the wedding date for Sept. 17th of this year. While I'm sharing that exciting news I think it's safe to share this news too.... My oldest brother Davy and his fiancee are having a BABY!!! Sherry is finding out the sex of the baby May 27th. They are telling people but they haven't posted it on Facebook yet so I've been waiting to tell. Then I got to thinking and everyone that reads my blog knows Facebook etiquette (that you don't post something on their page until they post about it themselves).

All in all it was a good day and I don't think that we should have a set "Mother's Day", I just think we should always celebrate our mothers and count our blessings each day.
What a great weekend, Grace. I love the picture of y'all with Albert and Alberta. Of course Michael was mesmerized, they are famous!!! (:
ReplyDeleteNow THAT is a sweet sweet Mother's day! What awesome BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!! How exciting for you to get new jewelry and become a sister in law and aunt all in one day! Yahoo!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics, Grace! Love the one of you, and your mom and the kids! So sweet... It sounds like a great mother's day! So exciting about a new baby in the family and new sisters-in-law!!! I didnt know about the Micanopy parade, that's too cute that they do that!
ReplyDelete