Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Once was blind but now I see….

 

Well not exactly, but I did have Lasik eye surgery back in June. I was near sided with a stigmatism in my right eye. I have been wanting it done, but I had to save up some money first. So…. several years later I finally had it done and WOW what a difference.

It’s so amazing to look out my back window and see individual leaves, blades of grass, see road signs, watch TV and not having my children yanking my glasses off my face. I told Matt I feel like I’m seeing in HD now and of course he thinks for the money we spent on this procedure I should be seeing everything in HD for the rest of my life. Ha

 

IMG_5495

These two pictures were taken the day of my surgery after most of the pain had worn off. After my surgery I had to keep my eyes closed for at least 3 hours. Luckily I had Stephanie and Mama helping me by taking care of the children. Stephanie made me lunch and I’m glad I trusted her enough not to play a joke on me and serve me something horrible. Try eating with your eyes shut… it can be interesting. If you are wanting to sport my sexy look I will allow you to borrow my “ski goggles”.

 

IMG_5498

 

I look awful with no makeup on, but it sure was worth it. I couldn’t wear makeup for a couple of days prior to surgery or wear any eye makeup for a week after surgery. I had never before looked forward to putting my entire face on. I felt ALIVE!! That’s pretty horrible to feel that way, but after looking in the mirror for almost 2 weeks with nothing on my face and thinking how sick I look it felt great to look pretty again.

 

IMG_5435 

This was the last picture I took wearing my glasses. I didn’t have my camera with me the day I had surgery, so this will have to work.

Good bye glasses!!!

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. That's so great, Grace! I can't imagine what it must be like to see small things for the first time. Reading this post made me ashamed that I take these things for granted. Glad to hear to you are seeing everything in HD these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Man!!! Why didn't I think about giving you liver and onions???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the "ski goggles" Grace! :)
    So glad that your procedure went well and was so successful!

    ReplyDelete