Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!

35ann19

My parents celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary on August 16, 2010. It’s amazing to me to see them both still “in love”. They have a courting swing under one of their trees and above the swing  Mama put a sign “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be”. I think it’s so sweet and I can remember growing up Mama and Daddy would go out to the swing to sit and talk about their day. 

Another sweet thing that Mama and Daddy do is always go away for their anniversary. They hardly ever did anything without us except for that one time a year. When Matthew and I got married I told him I wanted to carry on that tradition and it has been so much fun. Every year we go somewhere different. We each take turns in picking the place. This year we are going to the Florida vs Alabama game. Matt’s choice of course, but I’m really excited.

Now the real reason I’m posting about my parents anniversary is because as a gift from Daddy to Mama he had Matt scan and put together a video of their wedding and honeymoon to the song that was sang at their wedding. I love these pictures and with Mama’s permission I thought I would share them.

This picture of Papa and Mama is one of my favorites!! Makes me think about all the feelings I had for my Daddy on my wedding day.

 

35ann10

35ann17

Happy Anniversary Mama and Daddy!!

3 comments:

  1. Grace, that is SO SWEET! You and your Mama are beautiful ladies, inside and out! THat last picture of your Mama and Daddy is so sweet and Davy looks JUST LIKE HIM..minus the glasses, of course! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Grace! What a great gift and I love that they go away together each year for their anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're right grace...that last picture does look like luke! how funny...i always think that davy is little steve, but that one is all luke : )

    ReplyDelete