Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We’ve been BUSY around here!

 IMG_5699

Little Miss Madelyn is 8 months old now. She is such a joy and so much fun to watch her study Michael and tries to keep up with him. She started crawling a few weeks ago. I think she got motivated when she saw that her friend Cori was crawling. Madelyn will start out her crawl and then she gets into a man push-up position as if she’s just going to push herself up to stand. Ha

Another new thing she is doing is pulling up and standing while holding on to something. She does this in her crib when she wakes up from her naps.  I think it’s time to lower her mattress. Yes my child takes naps with just her diaper on. It gets so hot in our house during the day so this is the only way I can get her to take a good nap. 8-)

IMG_5749

Madelyn is also waving hi and bye. She has to be coached to work herself up to waving to someone, but when she does she doesn’t want to stop. As for teeth, no teeth what so ever. I’m sure one will be popping out soon because she is drooling like crazy and gets fussy until I put Orajel on her gums. Michael had several teeth by the time he was 8 months, but I guess every child is different. 

IMG_5721

 

I’ve got to brag on Michael as well. He’s been learning his ABC’s and when I put the blocks out to spell his name he can spell it out and recognize that it’s his name. I’m trying to teach him how to spell Madelyn’s name too. Thank you Willie for getting him those blocks for Christmas. I’ll be sure he learns how to spell your name next “QUACKERS”. ha

 IMG_5755

Here’s the newest entertainment around here. Michael LOVES dump trucks and what better thing to do then to push it with Madelyn sitting in it.  It keeps both of them happy. Although when it’s time for Madelyn to get out he thinks he should “dump” her out. haha  Luckily she’s a tough girl and doesn’t mind that much.

 

Madelyn is already getting ready for Gator football season. Her Aunt Stephanie W. made her a sweet Gator pillowcase dress and flower to match. She also taught me how to make a dress. Who would have thought I could sew!!

That was the first time she sat in the grass without a blanket so she didn’t know what to think.

IMG_5753 IMG_5752

The dress I finished last night. I made it long enough that she should be able to wear it next summer.

Have a great day!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh sweet merciful heavens--those dresses are adorable on that sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, your little girl is beautiful!!! She is getting so big. And those dresses y'all made are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job sewing Grace! I'm so impressed! I'm going to need a lesson next!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics, Grace! Cant believe how big the kids are getting!!!!! Great job on your first sewing project! It's easier than you thought, huh?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete