Matthew and I decided that when the last of the Frost hit, we would put landscaping all around the house. I thought landscaping our entire house would only take one full day. HA I was in for a shock. When Matt brought all these plants home, something told me it might take some time. Something else I didn’t consider was that my husband is OCD (Who am I kidding, he’s OCD on any project) when it comes to spacing out the plants from each other and a certain measurement off the house. It seemed like it took him 1 hour to plant 5 azalea bushes. The man had to measure EVERYTHING with his tape measure.
Me and a few little helpers had to dig up the sod, wheel it over places in our yard that either didn’t have grass or fill in areas that had a dip. Talk about exhausting. After many days of doing this while watching the children, it was done. Matt decided after we dug all the grass up that he wanted to remove all the old mulch. Here I go again, working a few more days, watching children and removing all the old mulch. The ONLY thing I can say positive about this experience was that I got a little sun tan. Put me out there a few more days and I would have turned into a Mexican.
Next step was planting the plants followed by putting a irrigation system in. Matt didn’t want our family dog to get shot for digging in the planter so he re-wired our underground fence so that if Scooter takes one step into the bed, he’ll get shocked Ha Ha (can’t wait to see that happen). Two 16 foot trailers later of pine bark and we are finally done!!!
And here is how it came out. The grass at the back of the house has to grow back in. Once that happens, the yard will look a lot better.
This project has made me learn that I would NEVER go into landscaping as a profession. I’m thankful that I’m able to work indoors and play with the children.
~Grace
Grace--it looks SO GOOD!!!!
ReplyDeleteI tried to post from my phone the other day and it wasn't working for me...grr! The landscape looks AMAZING!! GREAT JOB! I am amazed of your hard work...we wimped out and hired someone last summer. We are in the process of replanintg plants that died off becasue it was too much to cover it all up those cold nights this winter. Enjoy your gorgeous landscape Grace!
ReplyDeleteGrace, your yard looks amazing!!! Pat yourself on the back, girl.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is so bad OCD that he and I both know he should not even attempt 'round the house projects. (We tend to want to choke each other on the rare occasion that it actually happens :)